I'm a 3D CAD Professional, Web Designer, and Graphic Artist
Why ‘Designer Rants’?
This blog is titled Designer Rants because I want to showcase some of the stuff I’ve designed or helped design, but also rant and go off on tangents when the mood strikes.
Look out! He’s got a Pun!
In case I’m the only one who thought it was funny, “Designer Rants” is supposed to be a play on words for the phrase “designer pants”.
I enjoy designing:
- 3D CAD models (from machines to decorative pieces), prints, renderings, and other supporting documentation;
- Graphics (infographics, diagrams, technical drawings);
- Web sites and small business online marketing/SEO implementations (although I do this less nowadays due to narrowed time constraints and interest);
Solid State Design: No Moving Parts
If you’re wondering why almost every design posted on here isn’t very (mechanically) complicated, it’s because most of the time that I’ve created a machine subassembly, I consider it the intellectual property of an employer. In fact, a lot of the projects I’d most like to brag about are one of a kind R&D builds, or part of proprietary machine configurations. So it’s mostly just custom decorative vanity projects that make it on here when it comes to 3D CAD.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Subscribe via Email
Topical Cloudarchitecture art artistic basement remodel biology CAD computer custom decorative design DIY drawing entertainment fabrication FEA furniture Google graphic design history home home improvement home theater humor HVAC infographic install instructions kids Lawn Care marketing midwest Parenthood photography rendering science sculpture Simulation SketchUp SolidWorks steel technology tutorial video weather web design